“good fat” foods that help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of serious diseases.
What are good fats?
Good fats or good cholesterol Or HDL fat (High Density Lipoprotein or HDL) is a fat that is beneficial to the body. Because it helps to get rid of bad fat. or bad cholesterol Also known as Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL), it also helps transport cholesterol and triglycerides from the arteries and tissues to the liver. to destroy and excrete through the bile Prevent cholesterol or fat accumulation causing disease.
In general, HDL levels in men aged 20 years and older should be greater than 50 mg/dL. and women aged 20 years and older should be more than 40 mg/dL. Or if it is more than 60 mg/dL, it is even more beneficial to the body. However, if there is good fat in the body below 40 mg/dL. May increase the risk of developing arteriosclerosis in various organs such as the brain, heart, constriction, leading to serious diseases such as stroke. Report from สมัคร ufabet
benefits of good fats
Good fats are made by the liver. And may benefit the body in many ways, such as having a role in helping remove cholesterol or bad fat that is stuck in the arteries. Therefore, it may help reduce the risk of developing serious diseases such as coronary artery disease. Stroke. However, use of certain medications, such as beta blockers use to treat high blood pressure. Benzodiazepines Benzodiazepines are used to treat insomnia and anxiety. Including diabetes, it may cause the level of good cholesterol in the blood to be too low. and negatively affecting the control of lipids in the blood
What are good fat foods?
Foods rich in healthy fats may include:
- Olive oil may help increase levels of good fats and reduce inflammation in the body caused by bad fats. This is because olive oil contains polyphenols. (Polyphenols) that may help increase good fats in the body. One study looked at the influence of polyphenols in olive oil on the risk of heart disease. Published in the Annals of Internal Medicine of the United States in 2006, 200 healthy male volunteers ate olive oil containing phenolic compounds (Phenolic), an antioxidant in olive oil in High, medium, low levels of LDL of the participants decreased significantly.
- Whole grains, whole grains such as brown rice, cereal, whole grain bread. Rich in fiber, which may help reduce bad fat in the body.
- Fish such as salmon, mackerel, and sardines are deep-sea fish rich in omega-3s, which may help reduce bad fats and increase good fats in the body.
- Avocado is a fruit that contains folate, oleic acid, and monounsaturated fats. which may be fat that is beneficial to the heart Including beta-sitosterol. (Beta-Sitosterol) that may help reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- Soybeans contain antioxidants such as isoflavones, lecithin, and saponins. They also contain fiber and soy protein that may help reduce blood cholesterol levels. Reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Additionally, some lifestyle changes such as exercising regularly for at least 30 minutes/day and avoiding smoking. Including eating foods that are beneficial to the body may help reduce bad fat in the body as well.